Monday, December 31, 2007

Silence of the Lambs

The book is the sequel to Red Dragon by Thomas Harris that first featured Hannibal Lecter. I had picked up a hardcover copy cheap from a second hand store many of which have lately mushroomed in various parts of Calicut. After finishing the first quarter I was heartily sick...the book was complete in every gruesome detail. I put aside the book for about a week. But curiosity got the better of me and I finished the rest of the book in one sitting. The plot is good, the story is fast moving once you notice that it is moving and Hannibal Lecter is a masterpiece. You cannot help being repulsed by the character but at the same time intrigued. Another thing about the book is that it is not 'many little stories making one big story' but 'many little stories each going their own way and one is ending'. Go straight ahead and read it...but individuals without iron guts beware.

No comments: